R AILWAYS IN THE Q UEBEC C ITY AND S OUTH-E ASTERN R EGIONS OF Q UEBEC
Engraving from Pictoresque Quebec , 1882 Gerry Burridge Collection
While the survey is ongoing for the Great Eastern final R.O.W., a few items that may hopefully make your stop here somewhat worthwhile:
Quebec Central Railway, while a part of the CPR.Capsule history, detailed steam roster, various images, maps... Wolfe's Cove Tunnel , Quebec. Built to connect the CPR Quebec-Montreal mainline with their ocean steamship terminal. Palais Station . The Quebec City station of Canadian Pacific, used also by Canadian National trains. National Harbours Board , Port of Quebec. Charny, Que.: Railway Town. A Canadian National Railway division point, on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River, where the Quebec Bridge joins both sides of the river near Quebec City. Annual Passes . Some years ago(before demand caught up with supply, with the usual result...) I actively collected railway annual passes, naturally leaning towards Canadian companies. A number of favourite or representative ones are shown in these images. CPR Operating (Time) Tables of October 1971 for Quebec Central Rly, Farnham Division, and most Laurentian Division subdivisons. Subdivisions are individually displayed, and show s/d mileage, mileage between stations, train order office signal and siding capacity columns. Odds and Sods:
- Photo : Canadian Pacific track inspection automobile M296 .
- Photo : First Canadian Pacific station at Quebec
- Over The Years... A changing selection of railway photos from my own files.
- Map of Railway Facilities, City of Quebec, 1970.
- Map of St Lawrence Valley and South-Eastern Quebec railway lines, 1920.
- Map (Tourist) of Upper and Lower Town Quebec. [Large File]
- Schematic Map of lines that have been used by Canadian named trains of 19th and 20th centuries.Test version -- Omissions, corrections, comments welcomed.
- List of Railway Movies(to 1994)
- Shields of the Canadian Pacific Railway, 1886-2000.
- Heralds . Historic and contemporary heralds, primarily of Canadian railways, but also including neighbouring U.S. lines and others relating(sometimes loosely) to railways.
- Railway Mail Service . Four covers with examples of RPO cancellations, with a link to the history of the RMS in Canada.
- Movement of Troops Over the Government Railways. Article from October 1915 CGR Employees Magazine.
- Slogans and Nicknames of Canadian Railways(...and eligible US roads).
- No. 6000 , a poem in tribute to a CNR steam engine, by E.J. Pratt.
- Will the Lights Be White? Four railroad poems by Cy Warman.
- Canadian Brass. A compilation of Canadian prototype imported brass HO scale passenger train equipment models.
LINKS Opens Separate Window
IMAGE INDEX A listing of the images used in the various pages of this site.
Back Tracks . Surplus items for sale(slides, enlargements, printed matter, ..whatever) -- if I have any at the moment.
|email Great Eastern||
P.O. Box 152
Pte. Claire-Dorval, Que.